Monday, March 21, 2011

Toxic Leadership--#7

 Although I believe using the word "toxic" in reference to a leader's style is almost over-the-top, it's interesting to know now that many of the leaders I grew up with (hating) were making common mistakes identified by this type of leadership?

I have yet to experience the truly evil leader, but I have definitely experienced some incompetent leaders in my day. In high school, I was in a school production and I remember our director being an absolute idiot. Needless to say, the production was not a success.

In addition to experiencing my fair share of incompetent leaders, I was also exposed to the intemperate ones at a young age. Again, a director of mine would throw absolute temper tantrums when things weren't working out. His favorite was to throw a script at your face.

Although I have experienced some extremely toxic leaders, I have also had the opportunity to work with some amazing leaders who have taught me how to lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment